This course provides an overview of the essential principles of Data Governance that are crucial to leveraging data-driven organizations from a strategic and operational perspective.
Data Governance Fundamentals
Data Governance Fundamentals
Who is it for?
This course is intended for people who:
- Are business users and managers looking to gain awareness and improve their knowledge of data governance;
- Have been asked to implement a data governance program;
- Have to implement a data governance program;
- Are business data administrators;
- Are information professionals who want to learn about this emerging area.
Data is assuming increasing importance in the management of companies, being seen as a valuable asset and used as a basis for decision making and business enhancement. Indeed, organizations are increasingly dealing with large volumes of data, which raises difficulties in terms of its management and processing. It is becoming increasingly essential that companies are equipped with tools capable of ensuring the quality and manipulation of data, respecting data governance policies.
Only with a solid Data Governance program - one that safeguards aspects like data quality, data meaning, and data-related rules/responsibilities - will companies be able to ensure their data governance to achieve the best decision making.
In the first part, the main components and best practices that ensure successful data governance are presented. Next, the course offers a hands-on experience where knowledge is gained to ensure a common understanding of data - how to create and manage terms used with the SAS Business Data Network solution, how to access and visualize the relationship between information through SAS Lineage, how to monitor data through SAS Business Rules Manager and visualize results in SAS Visual Analytics.
- Components of a Data Governance Framework;
- Best practices to ensure the success of data governance;
- Organizational structure (roles and responsibilities);
- How to involve the business in the data ownership process;
- Definition of policies, standards and processes.
Hands-on with SAS Data Governance:
- Using SAS Data Governance as part of your data governance strategy for your corporate data;
- Creating and Managing Terms;
- Create and manage term types;
- Use collaborative terms to create a review process to create, edit and delete terms;
- Gather, upload and view relationship information;
- Create data jobs to monitor data;
- View the monitored results.
Implications of Responsible AI in Business
Ph.D. in Information Management from NOVA IMS in 2019. She has developed her research over recent years in the area of strategic management of business intelligence and big data analytics. She is the project manager of innovation and information management at the Bank of Portugal, being responsible for supporting the business of banking supervision, defining strategies, and collaborating on initiatives and projects at a national and international level (e.g., ECB, Bank of Cape Verde). She also works at NOVA IMS as an invited adjunct professor and coordinator of the Big Data Analytics for Business course. With over 10 years of experience in the area of information management, she has participated in several projects aimed at empowering business units with customized data governance and decision support tools. In recent years, she has been developing innovation projects in the SupTech area (e.g., reporting, Robot Process Automation).
Senior Solution Consultant, SAS
A Rita é formada em Informática e Gestão de Empresas e é atualmente consultora sénior na área de Customer Intelligence do SAS, cargo que desempenha há mais de 16 anos.
Conta com mais de 20 anos de experiência SAS, tendo passado por outras funções tais como Performance Management Consultant e por variadíssimos projetos enquanto Project Manager nas áreas de Data Management e Analytics, sobretudo nas áreas da Banca e Seguros.
Enrolments for this course will be made through the NOVA IMS's Application Portal.
The course takes place at the Campolide Campus of NOVA University of Lisbon, on the 21st and 22nd of November 2022. The training has a total of 16 hours.
The fee for this course is €1.450. The payment of the course fee can be made in instalments: 40% upon confirmation of enrollment in the course and 60% until two weeks before the beginning of the course.
This course will be taught in Portuguese.
- 10% for Students and Alumni (undergraduate, postgraduate, masters and doctoral) of NOVA IMS, if paid individually;
- 20% discount when registering five people from the same company;
- 30% discount for entities associated with AD NOVA IMS.
Advanced Training Certificate
All participants will be awarded a certificate of advanced training from the Nova Information Management School, Universidade Nova de Lisboa.