Exploring the potential of Power BI. This dashboarding platform has been leading Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence in recent years. This course addresses the challenge organizations face today of identifying what data is needed to produce the information to be included on the dashboard and how to present it in order to create storytelling that allows users to understand the challenges and opportunities facing the business at a glance.
Storytelling with Data
Storytelling with Data
By attending this course, participants will be equipped with the necessary and sufficient knowledge to design the multidimensional data architectures that support data-driven organizations and build effective and efficient dashboards, capable of supporting decision making by managing and providing the necessary information at the right time and in the right format.
- Understanding the Business Intelligence & Analytics process;
- Understanding the role of analytical applications, performance monitoring of organizations, and visualization tools in the process of Information Discovery and Storytelling with Data;
- Identifying and building the key indicators of analytical applications in an organizational context;
- Designing dashboards that support the storytelling of relevant information for decision-making (in PowerBI).
Who is it for?
This course is intended for:
- Senior managers from public and private institutions who want to understand what dashboards are, as well as the challenges in building them and the opportunities they offer to create value for the business.
This course is an opportunity for all those who in a professional context need to have information to support decision-making effectively, efficiently, and anywhere at their disposal. Taking into account the democratization of access to Business Intelligence & Analytics platforms in modern organizations, the acquisition of knowledge in the production of dashboards that allow, according to the specific needs of the user, to respond to the current challenges of being able to monitor in real-time the performance of the organization makes.
Enrollments for this course are made through the NOVA IMS Applications Portal.
The course takes place at the Campolide Campus of NOVA University of Lisbon.
The training has a total of 16 hours.
The fees for this course are €1.450. Coffee breaks, lunches, access to the parking lot, and a Certificate of Participation are included.
The course fee can be paid in installments: 40% upon confirmation of enrollment in the course and 60% up to 2 weeks before the beginning of the course.
This course will be taught in Portuguese.
The discounts below are not cumulative:
- 10% for Students and Alumni (undergraduate, postgraduate, masters and doctorate) of NOVA IMS, if paid individually;
- 20% discount when registering 5 people from the same company;
- 30% discount for entities associated with AD NOVA IMS.
This intensive course is divided into two components:
- An initial introduction component to Business Intelligence, where the latest developments related to the decision support capabilities enhanced by the use of Business Intelligence & Analytics platforms and the fundamental role of dimensional data modeling for building dashboards will be presented;
- An application component, where we intend to design and build a prototype of the organization's governance dashboard, including identifying the indicators (KPIs), what information is needed to obtain them, and how they should be presented to users.
The course will be supported by the use of Microsoft Power BI technology, covering Power BI, Power BI Desktop, and Power BI Mobile.
Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Business Intelligence & Analytics;
- Challenges and opportunities;
- Data models and characteristics;
- Dimensional modeling (data organization to support analysis);
- Visualization Rules.
- Introduction to the Power BI ecosystem (Power BI; Power BI Desktop; Power BI Mobile);
- Installation and implementation;
- Connections to data sources;
- Formatting Data;
- Combining Data;
- Creating Reports and Visualizations;
- Combining Reports and Visualizations in Dashboards;
- Publishing and sharing your work;
- Advanced Topics.